Need a new look or change? The falcon spiritually carries a message of transition and change. Take flight with this powerful visionary bird representing fearlessness, wisdom, and kaitiakitanga.
*Note these sold out on release. We have relisted again and have added a new colour-winter black. Thanks for your patience on this design the response has been mind-blowing for my little business over covid-19 lockdown. Getting back to normal now. Thank-you Tania.
- Inspired by the need for change, to be fearless, versatile and adaptable like the kārearea
- Aronui triangular pattern seen on the tail references the pursuit of knowledge about the natural world.
- Diamond-shaped without the price tag, earrings size of 30 mm x 30 mm
- Proudly handcrafted 3-dimensional NZ artwork on sterling silver hooks.
- Check out the angled Kārearea head turned and protruding out giving you a bit of a side-eye!
The New Zealand Falcon or kārearea is one of our most threatened birds of prey with less than 8,000 birds remaining.
Rarely seen and mistaken for the kāhu we need to be mindful and aware of what's happening around us and how our past persecutions and ecological factors leading to a decline in numbers.