Tania Tupu's portrait earrings of the extinct Huia bird sadly silenced before our generation could hear their song.
- Portrait framed Huia female and male paired together on sterling silver hooks.
- Wearable handcrafted 3-dimensional Huia artworks.
- A feather of a huia was given as a token of friendship and respect and worn by high ranking chiefs symbolizing leadership and mana.
- The most sacred bird of all of Tane's children, graceful, vulnerable and socially quiet, a bird that bonded in pairs for life.
- 25mm Circle size.
- Handpainted Enamel tail, beak, and wattle.